Actor Will Smith issued an apology for allegedly smacking Chris Rock

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqmaY1p7Pz/ 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CboD3G6Akc8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Actor Will Smith issued an apology after he was accused of  hitting comedian Chris Rock at the Oscars on Sunday, March 27th, at the Dolby Theater in L.A. Smith claimed he was protecting his wife. According to the AP, Will was upset that Chris Rock had made a joke about Jada's hair. Jada Suffers from alopecia- a medical condition involving hair loss. 

Will Smith shared the apology on social media on Monday, March 28th. Smith wrote, "My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear, and I reacted emotionally. I would like to publically apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line, and I was wrong. I am embarrassed, and my actions are not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness." 

Will Smith won an Academy Award for best actor for his role as tennis players Serena and Venus' father in the movie King Richard. 

According to Inside Edition, Chris Rock did not press charges for assault against Will Smith. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog