Dolly Parton temporarily turns down statue because of the pandemic

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1362431803391377409?s=20 

Country singer Dolly Parton turns down a statue on the Tennessee state capitol grounds because of the pandemic. Dolly shared the news on Twitter on Thursday, February 18th, 2021. 

Parton wrote, I want to thank the Tennessee legislature for their consideration of a bill to erect a statue of me on the Capitol grounds. I am honored and humbled by their intention but I have asked the leaders of the state legislature to remove the bill from any and all consideration. 

Given all that is going on in the world, I don't think putting me on a pedestal is appropriate at this time. 
I hope that somewhere down the road several years from now or perhaps after I'm gone, if you still feel I deserve it, then I'm certain I will stand proud in our great State Capitol as a grateful Tennesseean." 

According to USA Today, Dolly Parton donated $1 million to fund Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine. The singer announced the donation in April 2020. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog