Stars accept the women supporting women challenge

Stars are accepting the #womensupportingwomen challenge. Challenge participants give a shout out to the women who have helped them personally or professionally. Tom Hank's wife, singer Rita Wilson, accepted the challenge as did Cindy Crawford, Khloe Kardashian, and others. Crawford writes "Love this simple way to lift each other up." You can read Wilson's message below. 

View this post on Instagram
#challengeaccepted #womensupportingwomen I am in awe of the women who have supported me over the years. Starting with my mom who never stopped me from pursuing a career. Even though she didn’t work a traditional job, she was creative and passionate. Her family was her greatest achievement. Nora Ephron who saw something in me and cast me in two great roles. She also thought I could write for @harpersbazaarus when I had never written. She taught me “Tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them.” Joan Didion who said something like “how do I know what I’m thinking unless I’m writing about it?” @karadioguardi who made me believe I could write songs when she asked me “Do you have something to say?” and then wrote my first two songs with me ( and @jasonreeves) @lesliefram1 @jodyagerson who are out there supporting and empowering women in music everyday. Every female songwriter who has ever sat in a room with me sharing hearts and lives ( guys, you’re in there, too, but this is about the chicks today ❤️) and to every girlfriend who , together, has encouraged, strengthened, listened, laughed and cried, you are treasures. And for the ones that have hurt your fellow sisters, who have felt threatened , who have gone low when you could have gone high, you have missed out. But, there’s always time to change. Photo: @stevensebring @debrashazam @tonicornell
A post shared by Rita Wilson (@ritawilson) on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog