The Rock reveals he began his hustle at 14 when he and his family were evicted in Hawaii

Actor Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, reveals he began his hustle at 14-years-old when he and his family were evicted in Hawaii.

For our big @underarmour commercial, they asked me if the back of my new hoodie should read “Wrestling out of Memphis” since that’s where I started my grind at 24yrs old. I said, no it should read, “Wrestling out of Hawaii” since my grind actually started when we were evicted off the island with no where to live when I was 14yrs old. I made a promise to myself that I’d do everything I could to make sure my family never got evicted again. And at 14 the only thing I knew I had control over was my effort, so I got my ass to the one place I could give that effort — the gym. I know it may seem fucked up psychologically, but every day I still train in the gym and operate my business like I’m getting evicted and my back’s up against the wall. Not ashamed of it, because it’s who I am. My DNA. You guys are gonna like this new Under Armour campaign. I’ve never won a Super Bowl or a Gold Medal. And I’m not a pro athlete. But I am the hardest worker in the room. #DNA #AlwaysWrestlingOutOfHawaii #WillFindsAWay
A post shared by therock (@therock) on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog