Oprah's World Wide Exclusive Lance Armstrong Interview

Oprah's no holds bar interview with Lance Armstrong began at 7 o clock Thursday evening. Oprah's sit down with the legendary cyclist is a World Wide Exclusive. Armstrong admits he took banned substances, including EPO, growth hormones, and he blood doped.

He claims in seven Tour De France victories he took substances in all.

Armstrong said you cannot win seven Tour De France victories in a row without substances, in my opinion

This story was so perfect for so long. The mythic perfect story was not true. It is impossible to live up to the picture.

Armstrong took responsibility. "All the fault and all the blame lies on me."

"The story is so bad and so toxic. I didn't invent the culture, but I didn't stop the culture."

The Anti-Doping Agency report called the doping program one of the best in all of sports. He
denied the program was that sophisticated.

What was the culture like? Armstrong answered they'll say of 200 guys doping five of them didn't. Those five guys are the heroes.

There are claims there was a systematic program across the world, money deposited into swiss bank accounts, smuggled substances, and blood in secret refrigerators.

Oprah asked, How did it work? Armstrong answered oxygen boosting drugs mostly. The star athlete said he used a mix of EPO, transfusions, and testosterone.

Armstrong said he was not afraid of getting caught. You take it in enough time to move through your system.

The Anti-Doping Agency claims Armstrong had control of his own doping and his own teammates.
Armstrong said "Yes I was a bully. I was a bully in the sense I tried to control the narrative." 
I wasn't a bully before all of this. Cancer was the first time I couldn't control the outcome and now with this.

Oprah summed up his goal. One goal and one ambition to win the greatest bike race of all time and not just more than once but repeatedly.

He said his win at all cost attitude served me on the bike, served me fighting cancer, but doesn't serve me now. He was always ambitious. He grew up with a young single mother. He felt he had to be ruthless. They felt they had their back against the wall. He brought the mentality to cycling.

Lance Armstrong said "I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles" during a post race interview before the scandal. He can't believe he said it now.

Oprah proclaims fame just magnifies who you really are. If you're a jerk, you're a bigger jerk. If you're a humanitarian, you're a bigger humanitarian. Armstrong said I was probably both.

The star athlete apologized publicly. Armstrong said "I am sorry." 

Cyclists said he seemed disingenuous. Cyclist locals from the Texas City he calls home are showing support for the fallen athlete.

The second part of the Lance Armstrong interview is Friday evening on OWN. 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog